сряда, 8 май 2019 г.

Scented Review: Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka EDP (EN)







Hello everyone

Today’s scented review is all about an old and quite familiar scent that’s been on the marked for over 20 years now – classic Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka EDP.
Lolita Lempicka’s perfumes are quite unique and all of them have exceptional pretty bottles, no matter if we refer to male or female scents.  
Lolita Lempicka EDP is the first scent of the brand and is launched in 1997, and ever since then Lolita's perfumers are constantly launching unique, sophisticated and non-typical scents, scents with a twist. If I have to point one perfumery brand that makes unique scents, this will be exactly Lolita - all of Lolita's fragrances are quite unique to me and doesn't resemble anything on the mass market, plus there is always a licorice in every one of them. I would like to point that the classic scent Lolita Lempicka is available in 2 concentrations: EDP и EDT as in today's review I'll be talking about the EDP. You can ready about the EDT concentration here 
Both scent are quite different and only the dominant violet note is available in both. 






History:

Lolita Lempicka was created by the famous perfumer Annick Menardo and was launched back in 1997 and ever since remains the most bestselling & emblematic scent for the brand. Lolita Lempicka EDP has dominant notes of anise, violets and licorice. 

Description:

Top notes: violet, star anise, ivy

Middle notes: iris, carnation, licorice, iris root, sour cherry

Base notes: tonka bean, vanilla, vetiver, white musk, pralines

Development on my skin:

When first sprayed on the scent is quite sharp and earthy, with dominant anise, ivy and green violet leaves, so there is almost masculine, eau de cologne type of smell, which lasts arounf 5-10 minutes. As the top notes are gone, dominant and typical for Lolita licorice note is detectable and has increasing intensity and stays there until the whole scent development. If you do not like licorice, then better skip the whole brand Lolita Lempicka, because as I said licorice is dominant and typical for their perfumes.   The dominant licorice is in the company of sweet, thrived and fragrant wild violets that are picked alongside with the green leaves. 3rd dominant note in this scent (together with violets and licorice) is sour cherry - sour, ripe, tarty and really fragrant. The association I have whenever wearing this is the scent of an enchanted forest - scent of a walk in cool forest with endless wild violet fields. Enchanting scent   Violets and sour cherries are kind of classic perfume combination but in combination with licorice, the result is phenomenal forest scent, that is far from the mainstream scents and to me is unique.  In the base I detect wood suspicion from vetiver and some powdery sweetness from the tonka bean - on my skin there isn't any vanilla or musk at all. After the sharp and almost masculine beginning, Lolita has quite linear scent with dominant licorice, violet and sour cherries note, and in the very base is detectable woody vetiver suspicion and some powdery, fine sweetness. Lolita is strong and noticeable scent, which projects from my skin throughout the whole day (morning to late night). On my opinion licorice is the most detectable & dominant note, but people around me always tell me that I smell like violets. I personally adore violets and these are my favorite flowers, my mother even jokes that my should be Violet :D I've been testing all violet based scents that are available on the marked, so here are my short reviews on the most popular ones, in case you are also obsessed with violets: 

  • ·         DSQUARED She Wood EDT – wild violets scent, but in specific combination with grass, herbs and powdery notes, without any sweetness, really spring-like and fresh, but somehow dry, woody and too realistic forest-herbally for my taste;

  • ·         Guerlain Insolence EDP – another violet love of mine ❤ Overwhelming sweet violets & powder scent, that you can't stay indifferent to: you either love it or hare it. Insolence EDP is the most overwhelming scent I have and with one single spritz it stays forever on my skin, clothes & hair. Insolence is sweet and powdery scent, which is typical Guerlan-ish sophisticated and with a twist. It is sweeter and more powdery than Lolita, but still from the same fragrant line;

  • ·         Lanvin Jeanne Couture – in this one the violets are picked together with their green leaves and that green, forest feel is quite detectable, there is no sweetness in Jeanne Couture, but it has an interesting aquatic note and it is from the same line as She Wood. Jeanne Couture is really fresh and spring-like perfume, I have a review on it here

  • ·         Lolita Lempicka EDT – this one has strong cool, ice cold and kind of green violets, no sweetness, tones of powder and iris, it is like an older, more distance and more sophisticated version of She Wood and Jeanne Couture.






Packaging:

Super pretty, eyecatching and svelte bottle, in semi-clear blue-purpleish glass with golden details and golden handle, that is actually the atomizer. I plan on keeping the bottle to stay on my vanity once I run out of the perfume. 






Storage:

Lolita EDP is available in 30, 50 and 100ml.


Season appropriate:

I personally enjoy wearing Lolita mostly during the transition seasons (autumn and spring), less often in the winter and never in the summer. Although Lolita has dominant violet note, keep in mind that it's not the typical floral scent, suitable for heat & spring/summer. I love wearing Lolita in the transition periods, because it develops best on medium temperatures.







Time appropriate:

Lolita is no doubts strong & overwhelming  and it might be suitable for night scent, but I spray it carefully and wear it as daytime scent, it is my top pick for rainy mornings.


Longevity:

6-8 hours with good silage.






Lolita Lempicka EDP is suitable for those of you who love violets, licorice and sour cherries, who like tarty-sweet perfumes with slightly powdery-woody feel in it. Lolita is perfect interpretation for a forest scent, it has something slightly herbal in it, non-typical licorice sweetness, fresh wild violets, juicy and tart sour cherries, topped with some powder. I highly recommend you to test before buy, unless you are big fan of licorice & violets. 
Lolita is not an easy scent, a lot of people perceive it as gloomy and kind of overwhelming, I think this is due to the strong licorice note, which is not an easy to like one and adds that bitter feel to the whole composition.
I really love Lolita and it suits me perfectly, I include it in my top 5 favorite scents -  I simply adore the violets here

What are your thoughts on Lolita Lempicka EDP?
Like my facebook page https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for more pictures https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

  Have a nice evening

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар