понеделник, 2 януари 2017 г.

Review:NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Eyeshadow #Monte Carlo (EN)






Hello everyone

A few days before Christmas Eve I received as christmas gift NYX's advent calendar for 2016 – Wanderlust. It's basically a paper box that looks like a makeup case and on the inside there are 24 little “windows” that contain 12 mini matte lip creams and 12 single eyeshadows. The lip creams are literally NYX's bestseller! The whole line matte creams its named after wolrdwide popular cities – 35 shades. In this advent calendar NYX are launching for the very first time eyeshadows that have the same name as the matte lip creams but the colors didn't match as I expected. By now the eyeshadows arent avaliable for buy beside the advent calendar, but I read that they will be on the market soon. 














 

Each window has printed places or things that are significant for the city the lip cream & the eyeshadow are named after. On the packaging of the eyeshadow there is also stylized illustrations of the symbols the city.

When I received the advent caledar there were exactly 24 days until my birthday so I'm counting the days until 12.01 (of course there'll be birthday look & birthday manicure posts on the blog – it's tradition :)).

And yes, I know that you're supposed to open the windows from 24th to 1st, but I always start opening them backwards (1st to 24th ) - someone has to do it this way, right? :D












Let's move on to the review for the matte lip cream & eyeshadow called Monte Carlo (№1 and №2 from the advent windows). I have to pay attention to the illustrations – game cards & dice (of course!), grand prix flags, palm tree, watch, shopper bags, very cool huh?! I just love when brand pay attentiont to the details.













Matte lip cream in Monte Carlos is bright red shade with coral undertone. I would call this shade universal – not too warm, not too cool, just the perfect amount of both. 





Applied on the lips is also bright and it doesn't loose it's intesity. Opacity on 1 layer is middle, on 2 is full. It feels mild and comfort on the lips, it's not drying and it doesnt accent dry patches.





At first the lip cream isn't matte (it's more on the satin side) but after 10 minutes it's completely matte and looks just like the matte liquid lipsticks we are all into, but more comfier to wear. And it's not transfering at all! It need reapplications after a few hours, especially if you eat & drink, but I have to say it has good longevity – around 6 hours. It contains 4,7ml of product which is nearly 2/3 of the standart size Lip Creams. Here is compared to my matte liquid lipstick by Aura which is 7ml (review is on my list, it's amazing!!) 






Applicator is comfy to work and you can easily form the contour without need of lip pencil.  





It has vanilla biscuits scent (why every single makeup product has to be vanilla scented?! I really have to write to the PR otdel of those brands to say that not everyone likes this meh vanilla scent!!) but luckily you can't feel it after application.

The single eyeshadow as I said, are not in the shade that matches the listick – in this case Monte Carlo is in beautiful graphit/charcoal shade, that is almost black and has bilion of visible silver shimmers wich sparkle at every move. 












I love smokey eyes and I totally see this shade all over the mobile lid. Opacity is highgreat pigmentation, soft consistency that crumbles a bit because of the fine glitters. 






This eyeshadow is 1,8gr which is normal size for this type of product (it's not mini size as the lipstick). Packaging is paper, magnit, and kind of stabil and has the same illustrations as the window at the advent. I'm a bit worried about the way I have to keep this paper packagings although I act carefully when it comes to makeup. Longevity is high but pereferable apply this eyeshadow over a base so the glitters can stuck better to the skin.

I'm really pleased with this advent calendar – it's so cool to open a little surprise gift for you every morning and especially if you're beauty blogger and the surpprise gift is makeup, happines is double :)). The idea, packaging, quality and the attention that is paid to the detail is great and I send my admirations to NYX for their advent calendar for 2016 -it's so on point! That's for today, stay tuned for the next time when we will be in Milan :))

Have you tried NYX's matte lip creams or their eyeshadow and what are your thoughts?


Like my facebook page: https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary
 
Have a nice evening everyone ♥

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар