понеделник, 28 май 2018 г.

Review:Bourjois Rouge Velvet The Lipstick #13 Violine Brown & #16 Caramelody (EN)






Hello everyone

Today’s post is all about the newest additions to my lipstick collection  Bourjois Rouge Velvet The Lipstick and of course, I’ve choosed 2 neutral shades: nr. 13 Violine Brown which is in beautiful mauve shade with cool brown undertone, and nr 16 Caramelody which is in deep caramel shade with golden undertone. 

Recently I wrote a full review on another of my favorite Bourjois lipstick in a similar neutral shadeRouge Edition Velvet The Lipstick in the shade 17 Cool Brown, which you can read here.

Rouge Velvet The Lipstick is the latest launched lipstick collection by this brand and Bourjois claims extremely high longevity on the lips, flawless matte finish (identical with the matte finish you get with liquid lipstick) and intense payoff. Are these nice claims fulfilled? Keep reading to see the answer.

Rouge Velvet The Lipstick is placed in classic bullet lipstick packaging – plastic bullet which is in the same shade as the lipstick.  These lipsticks are shaped in teardrop shape which is really comfy for my lip shade to apply and I don’t need a liner to line the contour. The lipstick contains 2,4gr product and has slight roses & powder scent, which I quite like, but it does not feel when appliedscent is the same as the blushes Little Round Pot (I own quite a lot lipsticks in my collection and 90% of them have that yucky vanilla smell which honestly I can’t stand and I can’t stop complaining about it here on my blog, so I have to admire every company that does not scent their product with vanilla. Bravo!) 






Consistency of The Lipstick is classic for bullet lipstick – extremely creamy and it glides on easily on the lips and covers them with color with just one swipe, without need of any reapplication. Right after application The Lipstick has classic creamy finish, but after 5 minutes it sets on the lips and it has that flawless velvet matte finish exact same ultra-matte finish like the liquid lipsticks.  I am huge lipstick lover and especially liquid lipstick fan and before I’ve tried The Lipstick I thought that only a liquid lipstick can have that ultra-matte lipstick. As I said the finish of Rouge Velvet The Lipstick is flawless velvet matte but it does not feel as drying and the liquid lipstick – I do feel my lips a bit dry but they are less dry compared to whenever I wore liquid lipstick: they feel nice after I remove The Lipstick and I can wear it the next day even if I forget to apply lip balm.
 
Longevity is whole day I apply it in the morning around 8 and I take it off around 8 when I come home, i.e. nearly 12 hrs of wear and eventually I reapply it once after I have my lunch, but not necessarily – if I don’t reapply it the lipstick fades away quite evenly and it does not look ugly. Although its velvet matte finish Rouge Velvet The Lipstick allows you reapplication throughout the day. 

Applied on the lips The Lipstick feels like classic lipstick with creamy finish – it does not feels dry and tangly.  

Rouge Velvet The Lipstick’s color selection includes 16 shades  as the last 4 (from 13th  to 16th ) are limited and on the neutral side: 13 Violine Brown is mauve shade with cool brown undertone, 14 Brownette is extremely deep and intense brown shade with cool undertone (which got my attention and maybe I have to get it as well?),15 Peach Tatin is bright peachy shade with slightly pink undertone, and the last shade is 16 Caramelody which as you can tell from the name is in deep caramel shade with golden undertone. 














13 Violine Brown is in mauve shade (dark pink with cool purple-grey underton) and on the brown side as well – really similar to my favorite lipstick by NYX Wanderlust Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Rome(review here) which is a bit more violet and on the cooler side, as well to another favorite of mine - Max Factor Lipfinity Lip Colour in the shade Spicy (review here), which is warmer and it is more on the orange side.










This exact shade of mauve with brown undertone is one of my all-time favorites and I wear is on daily bases because it is perfect for any outfit, occasion and makeup – I can wear it with simple everyday “no makeup makeup” as well with dark & intense smokey eyes. I would call this shade quite universal and suitable for any makeup – I can rock it with makeup on the cool or on the warm side as well. I can say Violine Brown is such an universal shade and it will suit many different women. Favorite!











Second shade 16 Caramelody is in deep caramel shade with warm golden undertone, really in the 90's style, really grunge, really rebellious and really pretty. This shade isn't universal at all and it won't suit everyone – it is suitable for women with warm/golden undertone and with medium or dark skin (I think that it will look way too dark on super pale skin).









Caramelody is a shade that requires coordinattion with it the rest of your makeup - eyeshadow, blush and highlighter on the warm side. It reminds me of Bourjois Contour Edition lip liner in the shade 11 Funky Brown (review here), which is a bit darker.

I love wearing it with golden eyeshadow on the mobile lid, matte warm brown in the crease, orange blush and champagne toned highlighter - for the ultimate bronze goddess look.  Whenever I am in a minimalistic mood I pair Caramelody with black eyeliner, a bit of blush and checked shirt  – my ultimate grunge vibes look, straight out of the 90‘s ;)
Caramelody is deep, bold, immodest and it gets all the attention  - first time I wore it I received a comment that I look "extremely fatal today" :) 

Does The Lipstick does what it claims - extremely high longevity, flawless matte finish and high payoff? I definitely say YES. 

Formula of Rouge Velvet The Lipstick is one of the best I've tried: flawless matte finish, identical to the liquid lipstick finish, but less drying, extremely high longevity, incredibly high payoff that covers the lips with color with just 1 swipe. 

The only possibly minus for some of you might be the uneconomic side of this lipstick - amount of product you get is smaller than the regular and you might ran out of it sooner if you wear it on everyday bases. This is not a minus for me, because I own so much lipsticks, I wear lipsticks every single day and I'm constantly running out of some.

I'll definitely repurchase these lipsticks (actually both lipsticks are already halfway used up!), because I'm extremely impressed with the quality of them. Shade 01 Hey Nude which is extremely light beige shade and shade 12 Brunette, which is deep brown with red undertone shade, definitely got my attention and I might end up buying them as well.

I highly recommend you to try Rouge Velvet The Lipstick – they made it to be a must have products for me and the top product for 2018 by the moment.

Have you tried Rouge Velvet The Lipstick and what are your thoughts? 



Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary
 
Have a nice evening everyone



Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар