нСдСля, 30 август 2020 Π³.

Scented Review:Dior Pure Poison EDP (EN)

 





Hello  

In today’s scented review I’m going to share with you my thoughts on one incredible perfume that I got in even more incredible way 😊

Dior Pure Poison EDP surprisingly landed in my collection literally out of nothing😊 Just like that! Last year I was in Munich visiting one of my besties and there I met one super cute & amazing girl (Alex ). The second we met we found out that we share the same passion for perfumes, makeup, manicure and literally anything beauty related. Luckily, we don’t have the same perfume taste :D so Alex gifted me Pure Poison – a strong perfume, which she can’t wear and does not like. I myself like strong, overwhelming and oriental perfume (to match my personality lol) so Pure Poison turned out to be right out my alley. It suits me well 😊

I don’t consider myself a Dior fan. I just don’t like Dior’s perfumes, although I’ve tested almost all of them – I don’t like J’Adore, Miss Dior, Joy (especially this one), Addict...I’m not a #diorgirl and that’s it. Well, I don’t like any Chanel perfume either – I don’t know why but people seem to be really impressed by this fact :D

Last spring I used up one mini bottle from the perfume Poison Girl by Dior and I loved it. I did not manage to write a review for Poison Girl, but this is an amazing oriental scent that smells like almonds, Tonka bean and marzipan, just like one of my old favorites La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain Alongside Poison Girl I decided to give Dior’s perfumes a new sniff but I did not liked any of them, beside Pure Poison. A few weeks afterwards I received Pure Poison as gift. Such a happy coincidence?!😊






History:

Pure Poison is launched in 2004 and team of 3 perfumers created the composition. Pure Poison is purely poison scent – strong, overwhelming, extremely white floral and never unnoticeable by others.

Description:

Top notes: orange, Sicilian tangerine, bergamot, jasmine

Middle notes: orange flower, gardenia

Base notes: sandalwood, cedar, ambra, musk

Development on my skin:

On my skin Pure Poison is beautiful white floral bouquet – creamy gardenia, irresistible jasmine and sweet orange flower. Those are my 3 favourite white flowers  

Right after spraying Pure Poison is quite sharp, with detectable sour citrusy orange, bergamot and tangerine notes. Releasing accords are pretty strong, sharp and almost masculine, but they are calming few minutes after spraying and beautiful jasmine, creamy gardenia and irresistible orange flower notes  Pure Poison is quite linear scent, that’s completely on the white floral side and only white floral lovers will enjoy it as its finest. It smells like floral garden, like warm jasmine and gardenia, accompanied by fine orange floral sweetness. In the base I detect some warm sandalwood and a bit of musk, but the main notes I get from this perfume are those 3 flowers: jasmine, gardenia and orange flower. Lovely combination . Pure Poison is really stylish, classy, sophisticated scent, far from the modern sickly sweet mainstream scents (as the nightmare La Vie Est Belle!)

I find that Pure Poison is the perfect name for this scent – poisoning strong, overwhelming and noticeable white floral scent  People around you will always notice it, since it’s super strong even if you go with just 1 spritz.  Also, Pure Poison is quite controversial scent – you either love it or hate it. As I already mentioned Pure Poison is quite linear scent and does not have an intense development – in the beginning is sharp and citrusy, later it gets white floraly and smells dominantly on jasmine, gardenia and some orange flower, and later it becomes warmer and a bit softer with detectable sandalwood note





 

Packaging:

Same bottle as the rest perfumes from the “poison” line, but in pearly white with chameleonic hues in purple and green, stamped with dark purple around the spritzer. From the “poison” line I find that the prettiest bottles are these on Midnight Poison, followed by Poison Girl and Pure Poison.

Storage:

Eau de Parfum 30, 50 and 100ml bottles.

Season appropriate:

Of course you know everything is strictly subjective in terms of perfumes, but for me Pure Poison is spring & summer perfume, I can’t imagine wearing it in cold weather. I think it’s developing best on humid, salty and sea climate 

Time appropriate:

I think Pure Poison is great pick for both daytime & nighttime scent. In the mornings I go for 1-2 spritzes and in the evenings for 3 to 4. ΠΈΠ·Π±ΠΎΡ€ ΠΈ Π·Π° Π΄Π½Π΅Π²Π΅Π½, ΠΈ Π·Π° Π²Π΅Ρ‡Π΅Ρ€Π΅Π½ Π°Ρ€ΠΎΠΌΠ°Ρ‚.

Longevity:

Endless! Usually white floral perfumes are quite long lasting – keep this in mind. With 1-2 spritzes longevity is 12h! and if you go for more, like 3 or 4, longevity is even higher, like it stays on your skin until you shower. It’s so long lasting that is detectable in the room for hours after I left it. It has amazing trail and strong silage.

I like white florals and I own few white floral perfumes which I can compare to Pure Poison:

 Roberto Cavalli Paradiso Assoluto EDP – quite similar in general to Pure Posion, both scents contain notes of creamy white florals and are designed for women who really like white florals, plus they are super longlasting. Review on Paradiso Assoluto you can find here

 Marc Jacobs Decandence Divine – irresistible combination of orange floral and gardenia is the main similarity on both perfumes. Decadence is my all time favourite perfume  Review here

 Avon Little Black Dress – I wrote a review on this a long time ago, you can read it here Jasmine, gardenia and orange flower feel quite similar in both Little Black Dress and Pure Poison.

Pure Poison is such a sophisticated perfume Almost every time I’m wearing a white shirt I like to pair it with Pure Poison, it just feels like the perfect combination

Pure Poison is one of my favorite perfumes for spring & summer and it smells like a blooming garden, filled with jasmine, gardenia and orange flower, perfect blend of my favorite white flowers






Pure Poison is for women that love strong perfumes and can wear them (white floral perfumes are pretty overwhelming and might cause headache). From the same “poison” line I can recommend you the scent Poison Girl, which is amazing gourmet oriental scent with irresistible almond notes

Which is your favorite Dior perfume? I like only the above mentioned 😊


Like my facebook page https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for more pictures https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

KissesPreslava πŸ‘„

Няма ΠΊΠΎΠΌΠ΅Π½Ρ‚Π°Ρ€ΠΈ:

ΠŸΡƒΠ±Π»ΠΈΠΊΡƒΠ²Π°Π½Π΅ Π½Π° ΠΊΠΎΠΌΠ΅Π½Ρ‚Π°Ρ€