ΡΡŠΠ±ΠΎΡ‚Π°, 8 август 2020 Π³.

Review: Bourjois #02 Rue du Cafe Eyeshadow Palette (EN)

Hello, beauties

In the past 2 months there was significant lull here on the blog - something that hadn’t happened yet ever since I first started blogging nearly 6 years ago.  Some of you reached me via DM and asked if I quitted blogging, when I’m going to post again, asked if I’m okay…you are so cute The truth is I was really busy with finishing my master’s degrees (yup, 2 in once) but I’m officially done with studying and this means that new & exciting posts are coming 😊


Today’s post is all about one beautiful eyeshadow palette by Bourjois with this intriguing name Beau Regards – Rue du CafΓ©. In the post with my favorite products for 2019 (in case you’ve missed it – here) I mentioned the other palette from the Beau Regards line Beau Regards – Place de l’Opera, which is again neutral palette, but cool toned and I used it a bit but ended up giving it away to my mom 😊 I have medium skin tone with warm olive undertone and warm shades suit me better than cool ones, so after I gifted Place de l’Opera I bought Rue du CafΓ©.

Rue du CafΓ© is my 4th Bourjois eyeshadow palette – first I owned the trio Bleu Nuit (review here), afterwards I got my go-to palette Eyecatching (review here), in winter 2019 I got the above mentioned Place de l’Opera and last but not least in my collection landed Rue du CafΓ©. My most used palette is Eyecatching (this is the palette I always take with me whenever I travel) and now I’m using on daily basis du CafΓ©. I do wear mostly warm neutral shades, so I tend to reach quite often for these 2 (my Eyecatching is so loved and used that I hit pan on half of the shades already).


  

               
  

Rue du CafΓ© is placed in cartoon packaging with big & nice mirror and comes with double sided applicator – brush on the one side and old school sponge applicator on the other side, which I don’t use. This palette contains 8 shades with different finishes, and you can go from everyday look to nighttime glow as per your wishes.

Below I described each of the shades in terms of you to decide easier if this palette will be suitable for your:






Primer – light matte vanilla shade, suitable to be used for setting the eyeshadow primer and/or for blending harsh lines;

Biscuit – light shimmery beige with warm peach undertone, suitable for applying in the inner 1/3 or on the whole mobile lid. This formula allows you to build up the coverage so you can go from light shimmery veil to fully opaque & impact colour;

Viennois – cool matte brown with purple undertone, suitable for applying in the crease, as eyeliner, in the outer V or even on the whole mobile lid for vamp look. It’s a non-typical brown shade due the purple undertone, it makes my hazel eyes really pop and I really like this one, it’s my favourite eyeshadow in the palette!

Glace –  shimmery bronze, suitable to be worn on the inner 1/3 or on the whole mobile lid, smoked with Viennois for fast & impressive smoky eye look;

Highlighter – here we have non-typical highlighting shade. Instead of classic beige, vanilla or even white, Bourjois choose interesting super shimmery gold shade with detectable orange undertone. This shade will work as highlight for ladies with medium & warm/olive skintone, but for paler skin tones this won’t work as highlighter but more like classic eyeshadow, applied on the mobile lid;  

CrΓ¨me matte powder shade, suitable to be applied as main shade on the mobile lid, for highlighting the inner corner & underneath the brow bone or for blending harsh lines. I like wearing it on my mobile lid, blended with Viennois in the crease and with some eyeliner – for quick & elegant daytime look;

Canellematte dark beige, perfect crease shade, looks super natural, just like real shadow;

Bistrotmy second favourite shade after Viennois! Deep brown with purple undertone and golden shimmer, that looks ah-mazing on my hazel eyes and I really like it. I wear as main shade on the mobile lid (for really over the top smoky eye) and on daily basis I like applying it with angled brush as eyeliner.

Using Beau Regards Rue du CafΓ© you can do soft & neutral daytime look, as well as dark & vampy smokey eye from scratch – you have a matte flesh toned shade to set your eyeshadow base and to even out the skin tone, neutral light + dark matte brown for contouring the crease, 2 dark shades for smoking out/use as eyeliner and few shimmery shades to be used as main shade on the mobile lid and/or for highlighting the inner corner/under the browbone. On my opinion there isn’t a shade that I personally won’t use, or either a shade that has poor pigmentation and needs to be build up to get proper opacity.

Rue du CafΓ© is great palette with nice selection of neutral shades. You can create soft daytime look, as well as dark & vamp smoky eye look from scratch. All shades are highly pigmented and are blending with no efforts, plus the packaging contains super nice & big mirror.  It’s not something unique or never seen before – it’s classic neutral palette with natural shades, one of these staples we all (should) have in the makeup stash.  I am no longer interested in colourful makeup looks and all colourful eye products I used to own are out of my collection (I kept only one single eyeshadow in dark green, 1 dark green liquid eyeliner and 1 eye pencil in antique gold shade) and I tend to stick only around neutral makeup looks. Well, in terms of lipsticks things are getting a bit out of control and in the upcoming posts you’ll understand what I got the past few months 😊

Which is your go-to eyeshadow palette for everyday use? I reach for this one and Eyecatching, as the second one is almost fully used up.

Like my facebook page https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for more pictures https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Kisses, Preslava πŸ‘„

Няма ΠΊΠΎΠΌΠ΅Π½Ρ‚Π°Ρ€ΠΈ:

ΠŸΡƒΠ±Π»ΠΈΠΊΡƒΠ²Π°Π½Π΅ Π½Π° ΠΊΠΎΠΌΠ΅Π½Ρ‚Π°Ρ€