събота, 8 юли 2017 г.

Scented Review:Elizabeth Arden Green Tea EDP (EN)








Hello everyone

Elizabeth Arden’s perfumes are extremely popular and affordable – it’s bestseller is Green Tea EDP which today’s review is all about. Almost all of Elizabeth Arden’s perfumes I’ve tried have good longevity, mostly floral perfume composition, nice bottles, affordable price and are easy to like as well.

I have mentioned it before on my blog – I adore floral-fruity-woody perfume group are absolute favorite of mine, but my next favorite perfumes are light, airy and ,,clean & pure smelling’’like Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline (there will be review on it soon!) EDP, Lanvin Eclat D’Arpege (review here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/05/scented-reviewlanvin-eclat-darpege-en.html) and Green Tea EDP by Elizabeth Arden, which I’m going to talk about you today.


History:

Green Tea EDP by Elizabeth Arden is citrus-aromatic perfume, launched in 1999. The nose behind it is Francis Kurkdjian and since then Green Tea is Elizabeth Arden’s bestseller and beside the original version there are tons of flankers as well.






Description:

Top notes: rhubarb, mint, orange peel, bergamot and lemon

Middle notes: carnation, musk, jasmine, oakmoss, white amber and fennel;

Base notes: caraway, amber, musk, green tea, jasmine, cloves, oakmoss and celery seeds.

Development on my skin:

Right after spraying it on my skin the scent is quite sharp and almost masculine feeling, because of the combination lemon, orange peel and bergamot but this sharp feeling fades quickly and then sweet mint start showing which makes the sharpness milder and rhubarb, which makes the scent sweeter but not overly sweet. I can feel mostly the smell of mint, rhubarb and bergamot with a little bit of lemon, orange peel is detectable only right after spraying. A few minutes after spraying I feel beautiful jasmine which isn’t overwhelming and strong at all (not like in Alien for example), a little bit of oak moss (I love woody notes ♥ ) and a tiny bit of musk, which isn’t soapy and irritating. At the same time I feel mint, rhubarb and bergamot and I feel lucky that my nose doesn’t detect carnation (which I hate) and fennel (which I hate even more), but I’ve noticed that wearing the fragrance in cooler weather (около 22-24о C) I do detect fennel which stops me from wearing it in any other weather beside really hot. My nose can’t detect neither white nor regular amber during the whole development of the perfume. In the base I feel only green tea and a little bit of celery, no caraway, amber or musk. Green Tea has quite linear development – after the sharp and citrus-y beginning I feel only intensive green tea with mint, bergamot, rhubarb and a tiny bit of oak moss and celery and barely detectable jasmine and musk.

Green Tea EDP’s scent gives me the feeling of green tea with mint, sweetened with a bit of honey and drank in peace in fragrant gardenGreen Tea is definitely not a sweet type of perfume – there is a little bit of sweetness that comes from the rhubarb but the fragrance isn’t sweet in generally. Rhubarb is added in the right amount to soften the whole greenness and add the final touch to the perfume composition. Green Tea is really green, light and pure type of scent – the scent of a summer garden after rain. Talking about rain I want to mention that Green Tea has the best development in humidly weather but in dry and hot it’s not getting bitter as well. As I said Green Tea is quite linear type of scent and what you feel 10 minutes after spraying is what you’ll feel till the end – the scent don’t have intense development and surprising notes didn’t show up (beside the fennel I feel whenever I’m wearing it in cool weather).

Green Tea isn’t an intensive scent and it doesn’t have sillage or projection – it a close to the skin scent that is perfect to wear in the office or if you’re not into strong and intensive fragrances. Green Tea EDP has a lot of flankers as well: Green Tea Intense; Green Tea Bamboo; Green Tea Camellia; Green Tea Cherry Blossom; Green Tea Cucumber; Green Tea Exotic; Green Tea Honeysuckle; Green Tea Jasmine; Green Tea Lavender; Green Tea Lotus; Green Tea Mimosa; Green Tea Nectarine Blossom; Green Tea Tropic; Green Tea Summer; Green Tea Ouzo; Iced Green Tea; Spiced Green Tea; from which I’ve tried only Green Tea Cucumber (which has a strong cucumber feel in it) and Green Tea Bamboo (which I didn’t like – it’s bitter for my liking) so I can’t share my  thoughts about all of them but the ones I’ve tested have the original Green Tea base. I would love to try Green Tea Jasmine if I get the chance to test it, so in case you got sick of the original Green Tea or you think it is missing something I suggest you to give some of the flankers a try. 


Packaging:

Simple and travel-friendly bottle.


Storage:

Green Tea EDP is available in 30, 50 and 100ml bottles.


Season appropriate: сезон:

Summer, summer and again – summer. I just can’t imagine wearing such a fresh, light and ‘’green’’ perfume in any other season. Eventually I’ll make an exception for a really hot and humid spring day, but Green Tea is definitely a summer scent for my taste.


Time appropriation:

I categorize Green Tea as a daytime scent – I won’t wear it at night even in the summer.





Longevity:

Longevity isn’t the best – in hot & dry weather it stays on the skin for about 4 hours, in humid weather around 6 hours and after the first hour it stays close to the skin. As I said Green Tea doesn’t have wide projection/sillage – it only has sillage in humid weather, the scent doesn’t stays in the hair or on the clothes. If you want to feel the scent during the whole day you must to reapply it at least once. I own the 100ml bottle and I think that this amount of perfume is enough for the whole summer if you are wearing it on everyday bases and reapply often.

Green Tea EDP by Elizabeth Arden is quite well known perfume but it’s not popular at all – you can’t feel it after every second woman you’re walking by (like La vie est belle or Alien for example!) because the perfume itself is light and unostentatious and stays close to the skin. The scent is really pure,  summer and green – like the scent of a summer garden after rain, the scent of mint & green tea with a little bit of honey. It’s suitable for those of you who are not into heavy and intensive perfumes or work in office and if the poor longevity isn’t problem. I really like Green Tea EDP and I wear in quite often in the summer as a daytime scent – it’s perfect for the hot summer days :))

Just a few weeks ago Elizabeth Arden launched a new perfume from the
‘‘tea’’ collection – White Tea EDP and if you read the post about my favorite teas (here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/12/lifestylemy-favourite-teas-1-en.html) you’ll know that I love white tea so much so I went straight to DM right after I understand that White Tea EDP is available for test to try it out. My thoughts for now are that White Tea EDP is pure and refined scent, a bit more on the elegant side compared to Green Tea, great office choice and it has good longevity. It stays in my test list and if I still like it after good testing I might include it in my perfume collection :))

Have you tried Green Tea EDP by Elizabeth Arden and what are your thoughts?

Like my facebook page:https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiaryor follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone ♥

3 коментара: