сряда, 12 април 2017 г.

Review:Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation #52 Vanilla (EN)






Hello everyone

Finding the best foundation might be hard but for me it's extremely hard. Choosing any other makeup product isn't as difficult for me as choosing a foundation – I have to spend a lot of time researching for information and reading other blogger's review, testing in the makeup store and trying it out before any buy (apparently I have really sensitive skin and I often get rashes whenever I'm trying a new one so I always have to apply a couple of times before I purchase it so I can be sure I won't break out). Plus I have really noticeable yellow skin undertone (I almost have yellow skin!) and I always find it super hard to find a nice matching shade for me – most of the foundations have pink or neutral undertone but yellow is super hard to find. (I'm thinking about trying the Asian foundations?)

My favorite foundation Nude Illusion by Catrice Cosmetics isn't avaliable anymore at the market I had to search for another favorite (Catrice, I'm really mad at you!!!) I wanted to find something that is similar to Nude Illusion – lightweight, light to medium coverage, SPF and semi-matte or luminous matte finish.

Bourjois Healthy Mix is quite popular recently (I want to point that I'm talking about the new Healthy Mix not about the old Healthy Mix Serum) – it looks like Healthy Mix is everyone's new favorite foundation so I decided to give it a try. I've tested it a few times and I quite liked it and the fact that made me buy it was the color selection – mostly yellow base (Yeeey!) I bought the shade №52 Vanilla which suits me perfectly now, whenever I'm not having any tan.






I have to say that my skin is really, desperately oily :D but since 2 years I stopped using matte foundations because they always look so visible on my skin. Instead I tend to wear lightweight foundations with airy consistency that has natural or semi-matte, my favorite of all is luminous matte“. I like to apply transparent loose powder over those type of foundations to set it. This way I achieve natural, healthy looking skin with no cake look.

Healthy Mix's color selection has 8 shades that are yellow based. My shade №52 is suitable for medium dark skin with yellow undertone, next №53 would suit me in the autumn whenever my tan is fading and №54 would be perfect for the summer. This foundation comes in a clear glass bottle that has a pump, it contains the usual amount of 30ml, and smells like peaches (if you're not into scented products – then skip). Consistency is light and liquid and it glides on like a dream on the skin. I prefer applying it using a foundation brush but my mom applies it with her fingers and it also looks good. After application it needs a couple of minutes to set (4 to 5) – right after application it looks really juicy and I have to wait a bit to set before I put my powder and blush on. I was surprised to see that one pump is not enough for my whole face – only for the half. 





This happens to me for a first time – usually one pump is enough to cover my entire face. The coverage is light to medium, it evens out my skintone but it doesn't cover pimples, spots or dark circles. It doesn't makes pores and fine lines more visible. The finish is quite natural, just like healthy and glowing skin – it has light glow which looks so natural that I already got asked a few times if I'm even wearing a foundation. It's not matte, it's not semi-matte, it's not luminous matte“ - actually there is nothing “matte” in this foundations but I matte my skin with some loose powder. The thing I like mostly is that even after I apply my powder on top I my face looks natural – the light, healthy glow is still visible but my skin feels matte. I don't feel Healthy Mix on my skin – it's so light that I feel like I'm wearing a face cream.




Bourjois claims 16hr longevity but one me the foundation looks good for 10 up to 12 hours – as I said I have oily skin, so if you have dry or normal skin the longevity might be longer. It contains vitamin complex and it didn't irritate my sensitive skin (Yaaay!) Healthy Mix claims to fill wrinkles which makes it suitable for mature skin (I don't have any wrinkles but my mom used it and it looks really good on mature skin too) and 24hr hydration (I admit that my skin feels hydrated while wearing it).




 
Healthy Mix reminds me of my favorite foundation Nude Illusion but it has some cons that stop me from calling it my new favorite one:

The minus that disturbs me mostly is the fact that there is no SPF factor – I skip wearing SPF only in the wintertime but during the rest months I use it on everyday bases. In this case the mistake is mine – I don't know why I thought Healthy Mix has SPF (probably I've mistaken it with the new City Radiance). Wearing SPF is a must for me during the upcoming summer and now I'm also putting SPF underneath this foundation to protect my face from the sun lights but I definitely prefer to wear one layer instead of two.
 
The second minus I found it's the hard removing – not from my face
but from my makeup brushes. I was shocked when after a couple of days using it I started cleansing my foundation brushes - I had do soap my brushes and rinse them 4-5 times and they weren't completely clear after and there were orangy stains left. To be honest that day I was ran out of my favorite cleansing soap Weisse Kernseife so I used regular soap bar (more about how I clean my makeup brushes you can read here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/11/how-toclean-makeup-brushes-properly-en.html ) .Weisse Kernseife is my weapon against any stains and I always clean my makeup brushes with it. Until this time I hadn't use a foundation that it's so hard to remove from my brushes (even a mousse foundation!). With my previous used foundations my brushes were clear after the second wash but with Healthy Mix I had to soap and rinse at least 3 times and if I want them snow white – 4 or even 5 times. I don't know what's in this foundation but I can't understand why it is so hard to clean?! Healthy Mix isn't hard to remove from my face but I always remove my makeup first with face wash, then with micellar water and I also put toner on my skin before I apply my cream. Already on the “micellar water phase” my cotton pad is clean so I can't understand why the foundation it's so hard to remove from my brushes.
 I did a research on the ingredients and there is nothing to be afraid of (well Bourjois's products correspond to the EU standarts for quality and let's not forget that Bourjois is the owner of Chanel!!!) so maybe the color agent in this foundation is stronger and that's why it's harder to remove from synthetic bristles.






Overall: I really like the way Healthy Mix feels on my skin, the consistency, the way it looks when it's applied, the hydration, the light coverage and the color selection (finally enough range of yellow base foundations!), longevity is fine too (10hr is okay for me).
I don't like that there is no SPF (I have to wear it with sun protecting cream underneath during the warm months) and the harder removing from my brushes. The product isn't economical and that might be a problem for some of you – for me it's not a big deal.
 
I would definitely use Healthy Mix on everyday bases during the autumn & winter and even in the spring whenever it's cool and cloudy. For the upcoming summer I'll have to find a foundation with high SPF or if I don't find I'll wear Healthy Mix with sun protecting cream underneath. I'm intrigued by Bourjois's foundations (I like Bourjois in general, especially their eye makeup remover for women with contacts is the best on the market – I highly recommend it!) so I think I'll test the rest of their foundations. City Radiance would be perfect for the summer because of the high SPF factor 30 and maybe I'll try Air Matte too. If you're looking for a foundation with glowy finish, your skin is dry or normal (or oily but you have to have good powder) with yellow undertone then Healthy Mix might be for you. I really like it for the cold and cloudy month + part of the spring :)

Have you tried Healthy Mix and what are your thoughts?

Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for more pictureshttps://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone ♥

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар