неделя, 11 октомври 2015 г.

Scented Review:Avon Little Black Dress (EN)







Hello everyone

Today’s scented review is about one favourite autumn scent – Avon’s bestseller Little Black Dress.


First thing first I want to mention that I’m absolutely not an Avon fan and fan of the catalogue’s cosmetic at all. I haven’t find a makeup or white cosmetic’s product from Avon which had impressed me much so I would repurchase it and I would never purchase any perfume without testing it. In the last 2-3 years I received over 10 perfumes from Avon as a gift – some of them I like and wear, some of them I can’t stand and there’s one perfume which is my everyday perfume since 3 years, but I won’t write about it today.


LBD was also a gift for me. At first I didn’t like it much, but although I use it quite sometimes. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don’t but I find the perfect weather and season to wear it – and the final result is that I’ve used the half of the bottle. 





History:

Avon Little Black Dress was launched in 2001 and since then is one of the Avons bestsellers. Its categorized as an oriental fragrance. The main accords are white floral, floral and woody.


Description:

Top notes: cyclamen, coriander, African ginger, apricot blossom and honeysuckle

Middle notes: gardenia, ylang-ylang, pink peony, jasmine and datura

Base notes: sandalwood, tonka bean, musk, Japanese plum and woody notes


Development on my skin:

On my skin at first its pretty sharp and I can definitely feel the white floral, ginger and honeysuckle. I can’t smell the apricot blossom at all.  The top notes turned fast into a better and not so harsh floral composition. I feel intense the pink peony and the jasmine.                                           The fragrance ends up as woody scent with slight sweet hint. This fragrance reminds me of vintage scent because of the intense combination of white floral and gardenia – it’s harsh,  woody and it has hint of sweetness


It is strong and intense. For a long time I had real long-hate relationship with it – sometimes I like it, sometimes I can’t stand it. I still don’t like it at the first 10 minutes, but I like the development on my skin pretty much. LBD it’s definitely not an everyday fragrance for me – I need special season, time and feeling to wear this perfume. I definitely wouldn’t buy it alone if I hadn’t receive this as a gift. I needed some time until I ‘’accepted’’ this scent and start to like it.


Packaging:

Simple clear square bottle with square black cap and simple black stamp. I want the cap to stick better to the bottle since it opens up really easy.





Storage:

This perfume is available in 50ml, 30ml bottles, mini bottles with roll-on (15ml) and EDT 75ml. Avon produce spray deodorant and body lotion with the same scent.


Season appropriate:

On my opinion this fragrance is perfect for the autumn. I love wearing it from the middle of October till the middle of November and at this time I really enjoy the development of it – I wear it whenever is 7-8 up to maximum 15 degree Celsius outside. The wet and sticky weather suits this fragrance perfectly – whenever it’s raining in the autumn I always wear LBD. To me it smells beast in cool weather but not in real cold weather.


Time appropriate:

This fragrance is described as night appropriate scent but I wear it also as daytime fragrance but only when is autumn, it’s up to 15 degree Celsius outside and it’s wet or it’s raining outside.  


Longevity:

Pretty longlasting! The other people feel this scent in the first 3-4 hours after application. After that it stays closer to the skin but I can definitely feel it till I take a shower in the evening. On my clothes it stays until I wash them. I noticed that the combination of white floral and gardenia is always pretty longlasting.


Avon - Little Black Dress is classic floral-woody scent. It’s perfect for the colder months of the year and mostly nighttime appropriate. I wouldn’t say that this perfume would suit a young girl, it’s more suitable for a woman and mostly for a mature woman. I would recommend a test before any buy – although it’s Avon’s bestseller to me it’s a bit harsher and intensive and not everyone might like it. I don’t think I’ll repurchase LBD when I run out of it.


What are your thoughts on the Little Black Dress?

Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар