вторник, 30 октомври 2018 г.

Scented Review: Marc Jacobs Decadence Divine EDP (EN)







Hello everyone ♥

You might not know but autumn is the most suitable season possible when it comes to testing and trying out perfumes – temperatures are varying from really low to medium and hot in just a day, which is a perfect combination to follow notes development on basically every scent. Useful tip from me: take advantage of the moment to test and try perfumes you want before any buy so you can see how do they development in different temperatures and amplitudes and to see as objectively as possible if a designated perfume is your cup of tea :)))
Today’s scented review is all about one extremely polemic scent:  
Marc Jacobs Decadence Divine. There is literally no chance to miss the 
scandalous bottle on the shelf - so eyecatching, at the boundary of kitscha,
weighing as much as pavement, with a solid gold chain and on top of this, 
lined with green snake pattern! 
 
 
 
 
 
Just grabs your attention and makes you want to test it and find out what's in
this extravagant packaging...
And there is an absolutely splendid aroma inside – 
soooooooooo sexy (absolutely every time I’m wearing it I receive a ton of 
compliments from men!!!), really thick, deep, specific, individual and 
infinitely enduring. Plum, white florals and champagne – it smells just as 
unique as it sounds!
 
History: 

Marc Jacobs presented Decadence in 2015 as his first “mature” fragrance that embodies sex appeal with sophistication. The new, lighter version of this perfume comes out in September 2016 as Divine Decadence.  
“A sparkling expression of glamour and luxury, Divine Decadence gives indulgence a touch of brightness. Decadence is lifestyle, a way of living, transcending age and style. It’s addictive, you can’t get enough. A girl is not naturally decadent, she chooses to be.”
Divine Decadence is announced as a radiant, luxurious and sensual floral scent. A new facet of glamour and luxury is evoked by the top notes of sparkling champagne, bergamot and creamy orange blossom. Rich florals, which include gardenia, hydrangea and honeysuckle, are bringing feminine opulence to the table, while liquid amber, saffron and vanilla in the base add luminous, radiant texture.





Description:

Top notes:  orange blossom, champagne, bergamot
 
Middle notes: honeysuckle, gardenia, hydrangea 

Base notes: liquid amber, saffron and vanilla

Development on my skin:






When first applied on my skin the scent is quite sharp and has detectable
lime, jasmine and orange blossom notes which makes it sound like a 
citrus-floral scent. After the first 15 minutes right after application in which
 top notes are dominant Divine Decadence becomes milder and I clearly 
detect intriguing champagne note which I simply adore!  Fine, thirsty 
sweetness that is not alcoholic, slightly tickling the nostrils, incredibly 
atypical and different.
Champagne is combined with juicy prune jam, which although not present
 in the composition is clearly recognizable on my skin and the aroma is 
exactly a combination of champagne and plum jam. 
Acting as background but detectable enough I get strong, thick and 
creamy white florals: gardenia, jasmine and honeysuckle, which 
aren’t sharp, retro or causing headache, because in combination with 
champagne and plum jam they got softer and the result is really feminine, 
incredibly sexy and tempting, seductive scent. 
I can describe the scent as mainly linear after the initial sharp and citrus spritz the scent is combination of champagne and plum jam on a suspicion of creamy gardenia, jasmine and honeysuckle. In this linear appearance Divine Decadence stays on my skin from the first hour after spraying up to the very base (~5-6 hours after application) and the base itself is, in fact, quite white floral-ish and woody with a bit of vanilla. In the base I register amber, saffron, sandalwood and a tiny bit of vanilla which I honestly can’t stand but here is a tiny bit and it doesn’t bother me. As I mentioned this scent doesn’t have 180-degree development and for me is quite linear scent that consists of champagne, prune jam and a lot of white, soft and creamy white floral notes as this composition forms this incredible feminine, sexy and sultry scent.





Packaging:

Unique! It is described as fully kitsch :D I personally like it and don’t like it at the same time. The massive gold chain irritates me and without it the bottle doesn’t look so kitch-y – i.e. the top is soooo heavy and massive that even has separate packaging, can you imagine? :D
The vial is extremely heavy and inconvenient to distribute, without
exaggerating, but weighs as much as pavement!
It's not the most comfortable and compact to travel on, but I admit it's the
star of my perfume collection - anyone who looks at my perfumes always 
and without exception first grabs it, which says the bottle plays a huge role 
in waking up the interest in the user.
 
Storage:

Divine Decadence is available in 50ml and 100ml EDP.


Season appropriate:

For my perception this scent is suitable for any season – I’ve worn it in the winter, spring, summer and now I am wearing it in the autumn and I can’t categorize it as suitable for just 1 season. As I said upon composition is quite linear so I don’t think in the different seasons it will come up as differently.






Time appropriate:

Decadence Divine for me is a bit more night scent than a daily one.  I owe this perception mainly to the fact that this scent is extremely detectable and present and has amazing longevity (even with 1 single spritz), it always get noticed by the people around, plus it is so sexy that I find it more suitable paired with night look: bold makeup, stylish dress, high heels and  fragrant cloud Decadence Divine.

Longevity:

Endless!!! One (1) spritz is completely enough for a daytime wear and with 3 of more I get full 24hr longevity which is quite impressing no matter what.
Decadence Divine EDP has such a big sentimental meaning to me
 – I’ve worn it on a bachelorette party & wedding of one of my besties,  
 choose it as my scent for my senior prom in July, I wore it on my summer 
vacation and on a plenty other  meaningful and filled with pleasure ocassions 
this year, I associate it with happy experiences and happiness and I love it a 
lot.
Someday, when I finish this bottle, I would certainly repurchase it - it is a 
fragrance of happiness and carelessness for me.
 
 
 
 
 
The distinctive note of champagne in Decadence Divine is extremely
 irresistible to me I found out that I really like alcohol notes in perfumes 
and especially champagne and in the view of this I want to pay attention to 
another budget friendly perfumer that has distinctive champagne note in it: 
James Bond 007 EDP II. Both scents are united by the champagne note and I 
plan on buying James Bond 007 EDP II, as well as to find other fragrances 
with champagne note in it. 
 
 
 
 
 
Decadence Divine EDP is irresistible sexy, feminine and seductive scent that has dominant champagne, plum jam and white floral notes, extremely high longevity and eyecatching bottle which makes you want to try it – a true favorite of mine!

Have you tried Marc Jacobs Decadence and what are your thoughts on it?



Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening♥

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар