вторник, 20 февруари 2018 г.

Review:Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet #17 Cool Brown & Contour Edition #11 Funky Brown (EN)








Hello everyone

Today’s post is about one of my favorite lipsticks: Bourjois Rouge Edition 17 #Cool Brown. I’ve already included it in some of my posts (here and here) and I finally managed it to sit and write full review on it, plus, I decided to include my favorite Contour Edition lip liner recently, which is in a similar shade and from the same brand  - my favorite Bourjois. 





Rouge Edition Velvet is one of the bestselling Bourjois products and is popular for its revolutionary lightweight formula, velvet matte finish and high longevity. 






If you are reading my blog regularly you know that I’m literally obsessed with nude liquid lipsticks and I own a lot. 
Rouge Edition Velvet’s consistency is definitely the lightest one I’ve tried – literally a gel like consistency, it doesn’t feel heavy on the lips, it’s buildable and lips feel hydrated after application. I can compare the consistency with NYX’s soft matte lip creams and Aura’s velvet matte liquid lipsticks, but Rouge Edition Velvet is definitely my favorite of all of them. Opacity is good, longevity is also good (6+hrs) and the best thing is that this lipstick allows you reapplication just like regular lipstick, although is matte, also it does not dries out the lips.

Finish is matte but due to the light formula it needs a bit more time to set and become classic matte finish – around 15 minutes after application. During this time the formula gradually sets on the lips and allows you corrections if you weren’t precise within the application. 





Amount of product is 7,7ml, applicator is comfy and the packaging is also nice. The scent of Rouge Edition Velvet is non-typical but I much prefer it over the endless yucky vanilla scented lip products on the market. 








 Cool Brown is classic light brown with cool undertone, quite a universal shade because it’s not too dark or too light and it will suit many women. I don’t own anything similar in my whole lipstick collection at the moment to compare it with but as far as I remember Cool Brown reminds me of another favorite of mine: Golden Rose Velvet Matte #31 (full review on it here). On my opinion Cool Brown is really universal shade that I can pair with basically everything: from “no makeup makeup” to dark smokey eyes.





Lip liner Bourjois Contour Edition in the shade 11 Funky Brown is in deep milk chocolate shade – I really like it worn alone or in combination with Cool Brown. Funky Brown isn’t an universal shade but its super trendy at the moment: intense, deep brown with warm undertone. 





Funky Brown has really creamy and soft consistency, almost like lipstick, it’s easy to apply, it has great opacity and it’s suitable for wearing it by itself – no bleeding, fading or smudging. Amount of product you get is 1,14gr which is standard for this type of product. This lip liner isn’t automatic and due to its soft, creamy consistency you need to sharpen it up at every 1-2 applications. 










When worn alone longevity of Funky Brown is great – during my whole work day it stays on its place and I need just a slight re-touch after lunch in the middle of my lips.  

Recently I’ve been really into the ombre lips trend and my favorite products to create it are these two: I apply the lip liner on my lip contour and on 2/3 of my lips and the fill in the rest 1/3 in the middle with the liquid lipstick. This is my favorite combination lately and I wear it quite a lot, it looks great and it makes my lips looking visually fuller & plumper:





Rouge Edition Velvet #Cool Brown & Contour Edition #Funky Brown both are high quality products – intensive shade, comfy wear & good longevity. I don’t find any cons in them so I highly recommend these products if there is a shade from their range you like. 

Have you tried the liquid lipstick Rouge Edition Velvet and the lip liner Contour Edition by Bourjois?



Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary
 
Have a nice evening everyone



Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар