събота, 28 март 2020 г.

Scented Review: Guerlain Insolence EDP (EN)







Hello dears
Today’s scented review will be all about another violet fragrance in my perfume collectionInsolence EDP by Guerlain. Violets are my favourite flowers ever since I was a kid, I adore their scent and I’m always looking for a new violet perfumes & other scented products to give a try. I have 2 more violet based perfumes - La Petite Robe Noire again by Guerlain (review will be up soon) and Lolita Lempicka EDP by Lolita Lempicka (review on it here in this post I also compared all of the violet based perfumes I’ve ever tested).





Insolence is probably the most popular violet fragrance in the worlds, I personally have tested it more than 20 times throughout the years and somehow I did not liked it enough to buy it, but I changed my mind in one sunny spring day last year, while I casually decided to give it another sniff and boom – this time I fell in-love with it, I literally glued my nose to my wrist to constantly inhale this amazing violets scent and bought it right after J I bought concentration EDP and not EDT – both fragrances are totally different from each other and the EDT version is 5x stronger, it has 4-5 meters silage and I personally find it too powdery and way too overwhelming for my liking, I much prefer the EDP version, which is more skin-scent, sweeter and more refined. 




History:
Insolence EDP was launched in 2008 after the success of Insolence EDT, as more intensive, sweeter and skin-scent version. Composition is based on violets, red berries and iris. 

Description:
Top notes: red berries
Middle notes: violet, orange blossom, iris
Base notes: sandalwood, tonka bean, woody notes
 
Development on my skin:

On my skin Insolence EDP is sweet violet candies with some powder and woody suspicion ❤ 
Right after initial spritz, Insolence is fresh and fruity, red berries are quite sharp and detectable, but this fruity explosion calms fast and the scent turns into amazing violet sweetness – ripe, fragrant sugary candied violets, just like our favorite childhood candies ❤ I don’t feel any orange blossoms beside dominant violets, but there is iris – iris is a must combination with violet in almost every perfume that is violet based, both notes go perfect together as iris adds the violet some needed seriousness, since violets may appear too frivolity sometimes. In the base there is detectable tonka bean note (if you don’t know how tonka bean smells, imagine sweet baby powder and you’ll get what is this scent about), plus some woody suspicion. 
Insolence is quite linear scent on my skin, it has no intensive or intriguing development – in the initial spritz is a bit fresher and fruity, while in the base is warmer and more powdery. Insolence EDP smells like candied violets, covered with some powder and with a few iris petals

Packaging:
I would like to point that on my photos you see the previous packaging of Insolence – Guerlain changed the bottles of almost all of their fragrances and are now in identical bottles with different colors. Here’s how the new bottle looks like: 




I personally like the older (mine) bottle better – it reminds me of flower and it’s more eyecatching than the newer one, because it is asymmetrical, in beautiful deep purple shade and with engraved logo on the cap.  

Storage:
30, 50 and 100ml.

Season appropriate:
I love wearing Insolence mainly in the spring, but also in the autumn & winter. High temperatures and humid weather does not suit Insolence good and it makes it appear stuffing and heavy, so I prefer wearing it in cooler weather.




Time appropriate:
Perfect for daytime & night time.

Longevity:
High: ~8 hours. If like super heavy & long-lasting scents and you like Insolence, you may prefer to choose the EDT version since is much more long-lasting compared to the EDP. Keep in mind that EDT and EDP are two different scents and the main mutual base is violets, so test them separately before buying.




All Guerlain Insolence fragrances are suitable for hardcore fans of violet perfumes and if you are not really into violets, then the chance to enjoy Insolence it is minimal – Insolence is violets, violets and more violets. Yes, it has some powder and iris, but the violets are leading and dominant.  
How do you like Insolence?


Like my facebook page https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for more pictures https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

  Have a nice evening

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар