петък, 10 февруари 2017 г.

Review:NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Eyeshadow #Milan (EN)












Hello everyone

Today's review is all abolut NYX's duo – soft matte lip cream & eyeshadow in the shade #Milan (№3 and №4 from NYX's advent calendar for Christmas 2016)



 



 

I wrote more about the advent calendar, products that contains, etc in my previous post for the duo Monte Carlo, so I'll just link the review to check it if you havent - http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2017/01/reviewnyx-soft-matte-lip-cream_2.html and let's move to Milan :))






Of course I have to mention how cute the print on the advent windows is – shoes, gift boxes, domino and makeup






As you know NYX's soft matte lip creams are in tubes that are colored in a shade that matches the color of the lipstick which is cool, but I don't think Milan's tube matches it's color. The tube is in dusty nude-pink shade and I was expecting a nude-ish lip color but I was surprised to see that Milan is actually fuchsia?!

Milan is a muted fuchsia shade (fuchsia is a combinatioln of hot pink and purple, mostly cool toned) and a bit more on the pink side. 





Pink it's definetely not my color, I don't think it suits my yellow toned skin and I'm always sceptical when it comes to pink makeup. Fuchsia is more flattering on me because is purple based and surprisingly this fuchsia shade looks good on me, although it's a bit lighter than I prefer. At first when applied on the lips Milan is more pink, but after it sets (~10 min) it becomes completely matte and a bit more on the purple side. I would say Milan's undertone is neutral and probably it would suit a lot of women. 






Pigmentation is buildable, on the lips swatch looks like it's a bit sheer but in person it looks fully opaque. It requires 2 layers for full opacity. I find a difference in the consistency of Milan compared to Monte Carlo – Milan has a lot drier consistency and it's a bit harder to apply, while Monte Carlo applies like melted butter on the lips and it's almost fully opaque on 1 layer. This is quite surprising because they're both bold colors and should be opaque. 
 
I didn't expect to like Milan but I like it, although pink it's not my cup of tea. I wear it sometimes and I even get compliments :)) I wear it in a combinatons with matte black eyeliner and it looks so dolly and youthful. Longevity it's around 3 to 4 hours and you definetely need to reapply it after having a meal.






The eyeshadow in the shade Milan is in cool toned brown shade which probably most of you would clasiffied as super boring but I'm super glad that I have it. Matte neutral shades always come in hand for me. 






This one has slightly grey undertone and that makes it perfect for using it as an eyeliner, as a crease shade or as an eyebrow powder. Right when I saw it I was sure I have something really similar – the shade Boxed from Sleek's palette Oh So Special (review: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/03/reviewsleek-i-divine-oh-so-special_18.html). 






Both shades are quite similar as you can tell from the swatch below, but Boxed is a tone lighter than Milan and Milan is more pigmented. Lately I've used Boxed to fill in my eyebrows and now I'm using Milan for over a month for this and for doing my eyemakeup and I have to say I'm impressed with the quality. Shimmery and pearly eyeshadows are easy to make and even the cheapest brands do them the right way but matte eyeshadows are on a whole another level. Most matte eyeshadows have dry consistency and even if they're soft they'll probably crumble and leave a ton of fall outs on your face. Milan has soft and almost buttery consistency, high pigmentations with just one swipe and it does crumble but it's minimal. Longevity is great – on my eyes and on my brows it stays until I remove it.

I definetely recommend you this eyeshadow (as far as I know it would be avaliable soon), it's really high quality and the matte lip cream it's nice if you're into fuchsia. I have to say that I won't buy the lipstick myself but I end up liking it on me. I plan on wearing it during the spring more often. That's all for today, next time it's duo's Prague turn (5 and 6).


Like my facebook page: https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone ♥

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар