неделя, 26 юни 2022 г.

One Brand: The Body Shop Products (EN)

Hello 

The Body Shop is new brand for me - in January I received as birthday gift card for their shop from my dear colleagues and I immediately bought few things, so I decided to share my first impressions on them in this kind of one brand posts. I have similar post on the brand IKAROV here

The Body Shop is launched in 1976 in Brighton, England with a belief in something revolutionary: that business could be a force for good.  

I've been testing these products for 6 months already and I'm ready to share my thoughts on them with you. I admit it was complicated for me to choose what to buy - the assortment is huge! I know that The Body Shop body series are their most popular products, but I'm really into skincare recently so I picked up mostly skincare products. Here's what I got:

Shower cream with avocado 

Smells really authentic like avocado, it has buttery, soft consistency and non-drying formula, which is super gentle on the skin. It's a good one for dry skin and I already talked about it here I would like to try some of their body care products in the future as well. 

Liquid peeling with Vitamin С

Vitamin C is my favorite skincare ingredient and I'm always looking for products that contain it. I was really interested into the Body Shop Vitamin C product range so I picked the liquid peel - I read so many positive reviews on it that I just had to try it! Such an unique product, I haven't tried anything similar to it. It has gel-like texture, but once you apply it on the skin and start massaging for 10-20 seconds it starts to remove your dead skin immediately. Afterwards the skin feels super clean, literally porcelain smooth and polished. 

It's placed in comfy packaging with pump and has light, citrusy smell and works immediately once applied. I think it's suitable for women with oily and combination skin. I'm super impressed with this product and I'll definitely repurchase it. From this range with Vitamin C I plan to buy the sun protectiong lotion with SPF30 (I like TBS's sun protection) and the Vitamin C serum. 

Sun protection is super important and we should use it on daily basis whole year round so I choose 2 products to try out - one with SPF30 and one with SPF50. I first started using this in the witner: 

Emulsion with Vitamin E and SPF30

This product contain 50 ml of product, it's placed in comfy packaging with pump and has SPF30. Formula is super liquid, typical for the emulsion type of product and easy to blend into the skin, plus it absorbs quickly. This is super important to me because I have really oily skin and I hate the feeling of heavy or sticky skincare products.  

It does not color my face white, does not clog my pores and doesn't stain my clothes. One pump is enough to apply into my face, ears and neck and the product itself is super economical: I've use it in the winter & spring and I still haven't used it up. It works great underneath makeup and I'll repurchase it again. 

As from the spring started I started using this on daily basis: 

Sun protecting cream Skin Defence Light with SPF50

This cream also has light formula and feels hydrating, it has wide spectrum of UVA/UVB filters that protect the skin. It's thicker that the emulsion but it's also easy to apply and blend, absorbs quickly into the skin and does not leave any white cast. Also it works great under makeup. I feel my skin protected and safe with TBS sun protection - until now I don't have any new hyperpigmentation spots, neither sun burns. 

Night mask with Vitamin 

One of my girlfriends is a huge fan of this Vitamine E line so under her influence I wanted to try few things - that's why I got the SPF emulsion and this night mask. I haven't tried night masks before but basically the idea is to leave it work overnight and in the morning to continue directly with your skincare.  I have really oily skin and I'm always going for light & fast absorbing formulas to use on daily basis, but in the night time I try to compensate with richer and thicker formulas.

 This mask has really nice, somehow fluffy mousse like texture which is easy to apply, does not feel greasy or too heavy and it's not sticky. In the mornings the skin feels plumped, like you just took off your hydrating sheet mask. I this is suitable for any skin type and I use in 2-3 times per week. I plan on giving the hydrating toner and hydrating cream from this line a try. 

Lip butter Love & Plums

I really wanted to try some of the famous Body Shop lip butter so I choose this limited edition scent. I'm really into plum scented products but somehow they are not easy to be found on the market, I don't know why. 

This butter has thick, rich formula and makes my lips soft, hydrated and nourished. I love the scent so much, it's so authentical tarty and sweet! I would give the lip butters with shea and mango a try someday. 

These were my thoughts on The Body Shop products I own. This brand aroused my interest and I'll buy the body butters to try and the perfumes and EDT - they are mostly mono scents that are perfect to layer with your favorite perfumes or to wear on their own. 

Which are your favorite The Body Shop products?

Like my Facebook page Preslava's Beauty Diary | Facebook, follow me on Instagram for more pictures Preslava's Beauty Blog (@preslavasbeautydiary) • Instagram photos and videos, or on TikTok here Preslava Popova (@preslavasbeautydiary) TikTok | Watch Preslava Popova's Newest TikTok Videos

Kisses, Preslava 

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар