неделя, 6 декември 2020 г.

Review: Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick #Hawkwind (EN)

 


Hello 

Today’s review is about one really special lipstick that I got as birthday present back in January from my beloved friends S and N  – this super long lasting liquid lipstick in the shade Hawkwind from the line Everlasting by Kat Von D. The way this lipstick landed in my makeup collection is quite intriguing and it’s a sign that the Universe always finds her way to wink me 😉

When Kat Von D was initially launched on the Bulgarian market I went to Sephora with the intention to test & bye myself KVD’s most popular liquid lipstick in the shade Lolita. I am a huge fan of nude lipsticks, I’m always wearing only nude shades on my lips and I was intrigued by Lolita and I though this lipstick will be the new addition to my makeup collection. When I went to Sephora and tested Lolita on my skin it turned out that this shade appears as unpleasant brick-orangy shade on my olive toned skin tone and I didn’t liked it at all, so I went to MAC and bought myself one of my all-time favorite lipsticks, MAC Whirl (I have review on it here) instead of KVD’s lipstick Lolita.





Months later my friends S and N were looking for a birthday present for me, so they went to MAC and wanted to buy me (surprise!) the lipstick MAC Whirl.  They know that I love receiving cosmetics gifts, that I’m huge nude lipsticks fan and also that Whirl is MAC’s bestselling nude lipstick (yes, I’m no doubts a lucky girl with friends like this 😍 aren’t they amazing?) My birthday is at the beginning of January and as you can tell, after the crazy Christmas-New Year’s shopping a lot of things are sold out, including Mac Whirl 😄 After my friends realized that they can’t get me Whirl due stock unavailability they went straight to Sephora and tested Kat Von D’s nude lipsticks (including Lolita) but decided that Lolita isn’t suitable for me so they bought one deeper and cooler nude shade – Hawkwind. Few days later me and S went to Athens were we spent some unforgettable bff days together, we celebrated my birthday at the most famous bar in Athens with 360 degree view to Acropolis and right on my birthday on 12.01 I got my present: the most beautiful photo album I’ve ever seen (I was wondering why S’s luggage is so heavy but there were no questions about this allowed 😄 ) and the beautiful lipstick from the Everlasting line in the shade Hawkwind. Wow! S & N managed to pick a lipstick shade that looks amazing on me, while I myself couldn’t 😍 Nice surprise! So, I wanted to buy a KVD lipstick but I bought a MAC one and my friends wanted to get me a MAC lipstick but got me KVD instead.  I was very touched to understand how many efforts they put into choosing the perfect gift for me😊

Now let’s move to the in depth review on Hawkwind:





Hawkwind is placed in beautiful carton box – thick, matte black box that is stamped with silver roses. The tube is clear so the lipstick shade is visible, with matte black cap that’s engraved with the same silver roses print. Beautiful  I appreciate and pay attention to small details and although the packaging isn’t the most important thing here I find it really pretty and remarkable 

Applicator is angled but it’s not flat which I like. It’s super precise and you can apply the lipstick without additional help of lip liner for precisely contouring. 1 dip into the tube is enough to cover my lips with color.  





The tube contains 6,6ml of product and it’s not scented which I consider as plus – I don’t like scented lip products and I prefer unscented or at least the scent to disappear once after application.  

Formula is super thin, I would say the lightest and thinnest formula I’ve ever tried, I would even say it is watery but in a positive way. Usually thin and watery formulas are poorly pigmented and require few layers but here that’s not the case – beside the light and watery formula, this is also the most pigmented formula I’ve tried. Great performance 





You need to work quick & precise with application because formula is setting pretty quickly – it needs like 15 to 20 seconds to set on the lips.  Finish is not simply matte, is ultra matte, velvet matte and literally the mattes matte you can imagine. The other lipstick in my makeup collection that has similar ultra matte finish is Cappuccino by NL Beauty, (review is available here). If you are looking for ultra matte liquid lipstick that is also quite longlasting, then you can go for Everlasting by Kat Von D or NL Beauty and you won’t be dissapointed!

The shade is interesting deep nude – in the tube looks like deep brown nude but applied on the lips looks like non-typical deep brown nude with noticeable purple undertone.  I have quite a few nude lipsticks with red undertone (like my favourite NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Rome – review here), I also have a favourite nude with grey undertone (Golden Rose Longstay #10 – review here), but I didn’t have a nude with purple undertone until now.  Shade is quite dark and bold, makes the lips pop so whenever I’m wearing it I pair it with simpler eye makeup look. I love pairing Hawkwind with classic black matte eyeliner plus some bronzing powder in the crease, as well as with dark purple eyeliner if I want to make the purple undertone pop.  Hawkwind a lot on daily basis and especially on the autumn & winter, I love rocking it with eyeliner, Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (review will be up soon!), vamp manicure, black leather trousers, emerald green double breasted blazer and 10cm heel boots 😊





I just had to compare Hawkwind with MAC Whirl! In the tubes both shades look quite similar, but applied on the skin Whirl is much lighter and beige medium dark brown nude, while Hawkwind is much darker and more purple dark brown nude.







Longevity is wow – literally endless! I’ve been wearing this lipstick for nearly a year, I wore it on different meteorological conditions and temperatures, including under a mask for the past months (hi, new reality! Apparently this is a new criteria for lipstick’s longevity.) No fading, no bleeding and no flaking…This lipstick stays on my lips like freshly applied no matter what is the weather outside and what I’m doing.  Humidity, rain, wind, hot temperatures, mask wearing – all these do not affect the performance of Hawkind. Even after 15 hours of wearing Hawkind looks like I just applied it on my lips! Of course high longevity comes hand in hand with drying effect – Hawkind is drying out my lips, but to prevent this I apply a thin layer of matte lip balm like 6 hours after the initial application and thick layer after I remove my makeup (for overnight hydration) and ta-da! This way I prevent drying out my lips and I can rock matte liquid lipstick on literally daily basis. In terms of best lip balm, for me there is only one – Carmex Original. My all-time favorite! 

I want to mention that Hawkwind is hard to take off – to remove it I use oily based product, like oil based micellar water, pure oil or oily makeup removing balm, which I apply on a cotton pad and I place it for around a minute on my lips, to “melt” the lipstick and then I repeat this process 1-2 more times.  Super long lasting lipsticks require additional efforts for makeup removing.

For the lipstick Hawkwind I can say only superlativesthe most long lasting lipstick I’ve tried, in a beautiful and non-typical deeper nude shade with purple undertone, in my favourite flawless matte finish, nice & precise applicator, unscented formula that is thin and light, but really pigmented, also it applies evenly on the lips and last but not least it’s placed in beautiful and luxurious packaging. Hawkwind and Whirl’s packaging are my favorite lipsticks packaging in my makeup collection.

I would get another shade from the Everlasting line, quality & performance is super impressive!

Do you own any product by Kat Von D? Beside these lipsticks from the line Everlasting, other KVD bestsellers are the eyeliner Tattoo Liner and the face contouring palette Shade & Light, I’ll definitely would like to give them a try as well.


Like my facebook page https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on   Instagram for even more photos https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

 

Kisses, Preslava 

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар