понеделник, 20 март 2017 г.

Scented Review:Betty Barclay In Love EDP (EN)






Hello everyone

Betty Barclay's perfumes are airy, light, feminine, mostly floral and easy to like. I recommend them for test if you're into this type of scents probably you'd like something :) The scent I'm going to tell you about today is one of my favorites and if you're curious about it then keep on reading :)

Ever since I first sprayed In Love I fell in love with it – I love this perfume because it's from the same category as my all time favorite perfume Little Red Dress by Avon (review here:http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2016/01/scented-reviewavon-little-red-dress-en.html ) and my second favorite Lélixir by Nina Ricci (review here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/01/scented-reviewnina-ricci-lelixir_9.html), and he loves me because he develops great on my skin in my favorite sweet & sour way and we have amazing chemistry together.

History:

In Love was launched in 2007, recommended as a replacement for small doses of infatuation. It turns the butterflies in your stomach on and makes the world more beautiful. Notes that makes you “fall in love”, described on the official site dedicated to In Love fragrance, are the combination of pink grapefruit, white peach and red currant at the top, followed by the floral heart of honeysuckle, freesia and heliotrope, ambergris and musk settled at the base.






Description:

Top notes: pink grapefruit, redcurrant, white peach

Middle notes: honeysuckle, freesia, heliotrope

Base notes: sandalwood, amber, musk

Development on my skin:

When first sprayed this perfume is quite sharp and really sour – pink grapefruit is the main note in here at first. 2 minutes later black currant appears and makes the scent sweet, white peach is detectable already but you can feel mostly the smell of peach skin, the peach fuzz and not the scent of freshly cut juicy peach. Black currant literally takes the scent , grapefruit is detectable only in the beginning right after spraying and the peach note is barely detectable. I feel a lot of black currant, really sweet and slightly sour in the way that is typical for the berries. If you ever had red currant syrup or juice, In Love is a true en carnation of this scent & taste. The described middle notes shouldn't scare you - its true that white florals might make a scent too retro smelling but here I can barely detect freesia a few minutes after spraying and shortly after it's gone (which is great because I don't like freesia at all), heliotrope is missing at all and I feel only honeysuckle which combined with the black current aren't sharp and overwhelming – they add a floral feminine accord to the perfume. In Love isn't sickly sweet type of scent – sandalwood appears strongly in the base to make the scent deeper and warmer, amber gets detectable too but it's not suffocate or deep, just makes the scent a bit sweeter. Lately I can't stand musk at all and here I can't detect it which is great but in warmer weather musk is quite noticeable and that's the reason why I don't wear In Love during the summer/late spring.
A lot of black currant, sweet and sour at the same time, white floral & sandalwood suspicion and a hint of amber – that is how I feel In Love. I note this composition as perfect for my taste. It's suitable for young women (not girls) and ladies. It stays close to the skin, it's not overwhelming and it's perfect to wear as well at the office and for a special night.






Packaging:

Simple but nice looking oval glass bottle that blends from sheer pink to bright bourdeux, synchronized with the name of the scent :)

Storage:

In Love is available in 20, 30 and 50ml bottles (mine is the 20ml one). I think In Love is discounted which is too bad because is one of my favorite perfumes and mine is almost gone. Compared to the rest Betty Barclay's perfumes this one is the most noticeable and interesting.
BUT! I was looking for a similar to In Love perfume that has strong red currant note (I a-d-o-r-e black currant ♥) and I found out that a lot of people compare In Love with Cacharel Amor Amor so I was curious to test both parallel. It's exception me to say this but both perfumes are identical – I couldn't recognize which one is which, they are alike. In the base Amor Amor is slightly musk-er and warmer from the sandalwood but this is detectable only if you're testing them both parallel.
The only reason I hadn't bought Amor Amor although I have like 5 drops left of my In Love is that Amor Amor is gone right after I apply it on my skin. I spray a lot (I'm glad that I didn't blind purchase it!) and I feel Amor Amor like when I spray it and a few minutes later and that's it. Less than half an hour after spraying I can't feel anything. My skin drinks this perfume and we don't have good body chemistry together. I tried all of Amor Amor flankers that I had the chance to try (Amor Amor Absolu, Amor Amor Elixir Passion, Amor Amor Tentation) just to find out if only the original Amor Amor didn't stay on my skin but they all stay on me for a couple of minutes. Sprayed on blotter Amor Amor stays for a long time (over a week) as well on other people's skin so if you're curious to try it spray directly on your skin. I want to mention that the rest of Cacharel's perfumes appear better on my skin and I have problem only with Amor Amor.

Season appropriation:

Fall, winter, spring – hot and dry weather didn't suit In Love so I prefer wearing it in the rest of the seasons. In the wintertime is especially beautiful ♥ - deep, syrup sweet and sour, it has nice silage and it feels amazing. In the hot weather it's longevity get poor and it get too sharp and musky so I tend to wear it up to 15






Time appropriation:

It's perfect choice for a daytime fragrance during the cold months and during the spring – for night time. If you're into sheer and light scents this might be a night time scent for you.

Longevity:

Around 4-5 hours and after an hour after spraying it stays close to the skin. It has silage only in the cold weather and the scent didn't stays in your hair or clothes.

Betty Barclay In Love is one of my favorite perfumes – such a “mine” type of scent, that compares black currant, wood suspicion and white florals, my favorite formula for composing notes ♥. It's sweet but in a sour kind of way that forest fruits and berries are sweet and it's not s sugar sweet bomb like La vie est belle for example (which I hate). It's super hard to find anymore and mine is almost gone (I have a few drops left on the bottom) and i'll miss this scent but I hope I'll find another big love to replace it (actually I have purchased some perfume samples and I can't wait to tell you more about them). If my review on In Love got your attention or if you love black currant in a perfume then go and give Amor Amor by Cacharel a try, and if you see somewhere In Love in stock please write me so I can purchase it :))

Have you tried Betty Barclay's perfumes and what are your thoughts?

Like my facebook page:https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiaryor follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone ♥

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар