четвъртък, 16 август 2018 г.

Review: Rimmel Magnifyes Eyeshadow Palette #Spice (EN)







Hello everyone

Eyeshadow palettes in warm red, orange and golden shades are extremely popular in the beauty world for the past 2 years and plenty brands launched eyeshadow palette offers in this fiery color range: Urban Decay Naked Heat, Huda Beauty Desert Dusk, MAC…List is endless and new warm eyeshadow palettes are launching every month on the market.  

 




I personally really love warm makeup and especially adore red, orange and golden eyeshadows, because these tones accent on the green in my eyes and really makes them pop – I can’t achieve this result with any other shade range : ))
 
Warm shades are suitable for women with warm skin, hair and eyes undertone.  I have medium dark skin tone with yellow undertone, hazel eyes and light hair with golden undertone and that’s why warm shades suit me best. Basically every makeup product I own and use regularly is based on my color type (warm autumn) and my advice is to find yours, in order to always look flawless :))





I have a lot of favorite products in this warm, fiery color range, so I’ll leave link for those of you who are searching for a single eye product and would find a whole warm based palette unnecessary: 

Single eyeshadow in copper orange NYX Wanderlust Rome



Single eyeshadow in deep red NYX Wanderlust Stockholm


Single eyeshadow in fuchsia KIKO Sparkle#450

Deep red eyeliner Essence BerryFantastic

Eyeshadow palette in earth tones Wet’n’Wild ComfortZone

Moving on to today’s review which is all about one fiery eyeshadow palette that has suitable name “Spice”, part of Rimmel Magnifyes eyeshadow palettes range. Rimmel launched its renewed 12 pan eyeshadow palettes last summer and the claims are that they now are with better formula, higher pigmentation and the color selection includes 5 palette:  Nude (similar to Urban Decay Naked 1), Blush (similar to Urban Decay Naked 3), Smoke (similar to Urban Decay Naked Smoke), Color (includes really bright & eyecatching shades as yellow, green and blue), and the most recently launched in spring 2018 Spice (completely warm golden-bronze-copper-orange-reddish palette, similar to Urban Decay Naked Heat). Keeping in mind my obsession with warm shades I couldn’t resist and bought Spice – I fell in love with this beautiful warm shades selection in my favorite color range).

Palette comes with double sided brush: one side is sponge applicator and the other one is classic shader brush, but I never use brushes that come with palettes and prefer to use my personal brushes.




Swatches & shade descriptions are from left to right as follow:





 
1.Pearly white honestly before I swatched this shade I was afraid that it might appear too chalky and with poor payoff, but it turns out to have soft and buttery consistency, it is really easy to apply and blend and it has strong pay off even applied on bare skin. Shade is intense pearly white with extremely sparkly finish,  which would act as perfect highlighter for underneath the browbone, inner corner of the eye and even on the top of the cheeks if your skin is pale enough/if you rock white based highlighters. Honestly I would prefer this highlighter to be not pure white but more like vanilla shade, because I have medium dark skin and white pearly shades aren’t the most universal to me and I apply them with really light hand. I like this particular shade applied with light hand right underneath my brow arch, on top of my lips and in the center of my nose. 


2. Matte sand beige – ton or two lighter than my skin that makes it perfect for sealing my eyeshadow primer with it. At first sight looks like a boring nude shade, but this type of shades are a must whenever I’m doing either every day or special occasion makeup. Whenever I apply matte beige shade like this over my primer this shade fixes, sets and seals the primer and makes the blending much easier. This shade is  light, nude sand beige with yellow undertone and matte finish,  pigmentation is high and it is easy to apply with all type of brushes.  


3.Deep bronze with brown undertone shade is bronze-brown with golden undertone and shimmer finish,  suitable for wearing applied on the whole mobile lid, as well as on the lower lash line.  It could be worn alone (carefully blended) applied on the whole upper lid and with some mascara or black eyeliner/eyepencil. Extremely universal shade, suitable for wearing as everyday shade as well as base for classic dark, bronze smokey eye.




 
4.Milky brown with yellow undertone – classic brown shade, perfect for a transition shade to be applied in the crease for adding some depth & dimension to the eye and obligatory step whenever doing smokey eye .  Shade is classic milky brown shade with yellow undertone and matte finish, pigmentation is high, texture is soft and easy to apply & blend. These type medium dark brown shades I always apply in my crease, no matter what type of makeup look I’m doing. It is suitable for applying as an eyeliner with angled brush for light, soft definition and well for everyday “no makeup makeup”.

5.Copper pink with orange undertone extremely beautiful, sparkly and intense, unique for my makeup collection shade: copper pink with orange undertone that to me is like grapefruit shade. This shade is great for applying on the entire mobile lid and it really makes my eyes pop and bright green which effect I really love. Whenever using this type of pink-copper shades applied on the entire lid my advice is to pair them with full eye (transition shade, contrast shade in the waterline, eyeliner/eyepencil + mascara) & face makeup (foundation, blush, etc.) in order to avoid that “pink eye look” and in this view I won’t categorize this shade as universal one. I really like this shade applied in the inner corner as an accent, combined with matte brown shade on the mobile lid & crease + some eyeliner/eye pencil. This shade is my favorite one from the entire palette


6.Brick reddish brownwarm brick reddish-brown shade that is more on the brown side with matte finish, medium pigmentation and slightly dry texture. I would wear this shade applied as eyeliner with an angled brush or in the crease whenever I’m doing warm smokey eye. 






7.Intense copper orange with red undertone really pretty copper orange with red undertone, metallic finish, soft & buttery consistency that is really easy to apply.  Applied on the whole mobile lid is definitely eye catching – bold, extravagant and non-typical shade suitable for any eye color but mostly for green, hazel and blue eyes, because is highly contrasting and makes them pop. It is great for main shade in red/copper smokey eye If you aren’t brave enough to wear it on the whole mobile lid, then you can apply it in the inner corner of the eye as an accent (combined with classic brown shades in the rest makeup look),or on the lower lashline as an accent or applied as eyeliner with an angled brush.

 
8.Deep copper-red lovely fiery copper-red shade with metallic finish and soft, butter consistency & super high pigmentation. Really an immodest shade that is far from universal, but is so beautiful and combined the right way looks incredible. It is darker and more red compared to the previous copper shade, I like it applied on the entire mobile lid and smoked out with matte dark brown – for burning hot & vamp red smokey eye. Another favorite ❤ 


9.Medium dark brown with red undertone to be honest for me this shade is duplicating  №6: the difference is that this one is a bit darker and more reddish version of brick reddish brown. I would use it the same way I’m using №6 (applied as an eyeliner or in the crease), but I much prefer instead of this shade to have one deep matte taupe shade which I’ll get more use of. Don’t get me wrong – this shade isn’t bad or unusable, it is just similar to similar to another shade from this palette and on my medium dark skin they both look quite identical.






10.Deep red with purple undertoneintense, medium dark deep red with purple undertone and matte finish. It is suitable for applying on the whole upper lid, smoked in the crease & outer V with some dark brown or black – for matte red smokey eye, or it will look good applied in the crease for smoking out a sparkly copper shade applied on the upper lid. Of course, the safest option is to apply it as eyeliner with angled brush. I already wore it as eyeliner with some deep red eyeliner in my waterline for defining. I think this shade is quite multi functional due to its many purposes and is universal as well, because it is more wearable compared to the other sparkly copper-red shades but at the same time is still on the red side that makes it non-typical shade.  


11.Purple taupe – interesting and non-typical purple shade that includes taupe in it.  I don’t own anything similar one in my collection.  Applied on the upper lid with some eyeliner/eye pencil for definition makes great everyday sophisticated look.  It looks nice applied in the crease as well, in combination with light taupe shade on the mobile lid – for matte & soft smokey eye. 


12.Blueberry shade with golden shine – another interesting and non-typical shade that and I don’t own anything similar to it. Shade is quite unique purple-brown shade with golden shine, really sparkly, with soft & buttery consistency and extremely high pigmentation. It is suitable for applying as eyeliner, for smoking the outer V of the eye and if you are bold enough – applied as main color on the upper lid for really dark, bold and deep purple smokey eye.






Overall: for my personal liking & preferences this eyeshadow palette is simply wonderful drugstore offer - almost all eyeshadows (beside 1) have soft, buttery consistency, are easy to apply & blend, have high pigmentation & strong pay off and the colors itself are beautiful warm based copper-reddish shades. Spice is not multi functional palette that you can create multiple looks with - 10 out of 12 shades are red/orange based and if you are looking for a multi functional palette or if you are wearing simple, light and suitable for everyday makeup look, than skip on Spice and choose single eyeshadow in the red/orange color sector and not go for a whole warm reddish palette. Otherwise, if you are like me and love & wear dark & bold makeup, you like warm shades and they suit you, then definitely go for and try Spice - great color selection and characteristics as well!





Like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for even more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening вечер ♥




2 коментара: