неделя, 10 януари 2016 г.

Scented Review:Avon Little Red Dress (EN)








Hello everyone

Last January I shared with you my thoughts on the super popular fragrance by Nina Ricci – L’Elixir (here:http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/01/scented-reviewnina-ricci-lelixir_9.html) and at the end of the post I mentioned that I have one pretty similar perfume, which I’m about to show you today :)).

So, today’s #scentedreview is all about Little Red Dress by Avon. First things first, I want to mention that those 2 perfumes are not identical or quite the same, I mean Little Red Dress its not a dupe for LElixir  - for me and my olfaction they had similar composition, similar development and intensity and they’re both oriental-floral-fruity. This type of fruity sweet fragrances with tangible touch of woody-ness are my favouriteSimilar, but quite dissimilar at the same time , just like cherry and sour cherry – if LElixir is the cherry, than Little Red Dress is juicy, ripe and sour sour cherry. By the time I first smelled Little Red Dress I was already pretty familiar with LElixir and I definetely felt their similarity. I hope you understand what I meantheyre pretty familiar at all, but quite dissimilar and in any case replaceable. 


History:

Little Red Dress is an oriental-floral fragrance for women, launched in 2011г. The nose behind is Sonia Konstant.The perfume is the 2nd after the Little Black Dress to the collection oflittle dresses.

Description:

Topnotes: citrus, raspberry and plum

Middlenotes:jasmin and rose

Base notes:musk, sandal tree and amber






Development on my skin:

At first when sprayed the scent is pretty sour, quite sharp and I can feel the slight alcohol note.I can definitely recognize the citrus and a bit lighter and softer the raspberry and plum behind. After a good 15 minutes the scent becomes softer, it settle down and the fruits raspberry and plum become more noticeable, nicely accompanied with velvet red rose and fine jasmin.But! The fruits aren’t fresh, summery and fragrant, definitely not – imagine thick, aromatic and sickly sweet homemade raspberry & plum jam, with some seasoning added – for a stronger and sharper taste. This way the perfume stays on the skin for good 2-3 hours and after that you can feel the woody suspicion – amber and sandal tree make the scent warmer and now all of the sharpness is gone. The favourite musk adds hint of freshness and the scent becomes lighter. On my skin LRD appears as fruity-sweet floral scent with woody suspicion. 

 
Packaging:
Same as the Little black dresss (review here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/10/scented-reviewavon-little-black-dress-en.html) but with reddish elements. Simple plastic square bottle with red cap and red superscription. Here, as well as the LBD’s cap there’s problem with the cap – it didn’t stuck nice and it’s super easy to open itself.

Storage:

The perfume is available in 50ml bottle. I think that periodically Avon sells roll-on perfumes, deodorants and body lotions with the same scent, but I’m not 100% sure. I personally always buy only the perfume. 


Season appropriation:

I’m so addicted to this fragrance that I wear it during the whole year. Keep in mind that this type of fragrances are my personal favourite and that’s why I always grab for them in any season. But in case you’re not this much into sweet fruity-floral-oriental and a bit woody perfumes, then go for LRD in the fall and wintertime. I think that in the winter time you can definitely feel the amber and sandal wood strong and that makes the scent warmer and smoky-er but in the summertime the musk and the fruits appear better so they make the scent lighter and fruity-er. 


Time appropriation:

AgainI wear this perfume in the day as well at the night. It’s nice everyday scent and good night time scent during the spring, summer and autumn. I personally tend to reach for heavier and smoky-er fragrances during the winter time.   






Longevty:

Great! I spray around 5-6 times in the morning and I feel the scent throughout the whole day. The first 3-4 hours has great silage and after that it it get's lighter. In moist and humid weather is super noticeable and I’ve always got the question “What perfume are you wearing?”

Little Red Dress is one of my all time favourite perfumes. 3 years it was my go to scent, my signature fragrance. I still wear it pretty often, but not nonstop as I used to do before. The reason – my perfume collection grown a lot and I do my best to use everything. This bottle is my 4 or 5 and I’ll definitely repurchase it again. I really love this perfume and I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it. Ifyou’reintosweetfruity-floral fragrances with appearing woody suspicion, then maybe you have to give LRD a try. If L’Elixir is your favourite too, then you should definitely try it - you’re probably would fell inlove :)). 

What are your thoughts on Little Red Dress?

Likemyfacebookpage: https://www.facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiaryor follow me on Instagram for more pictureshttps://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary

Have a nice evening everyone


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар