петък, 8 април 2016 г.

Review:Essence Lip Liner #06 Satin Mauve (EN)








Hello everyone

Lip liners are the most popular trend in the beauty world for the last year and half and the most popular shade for them was no doubt mauve with grey-brown undertone. 

My most used lip liner was also in this shade (#212 from the waterproof collection of Impala, review here: http://preslavasbeautydiary.blogspot.bg/2015/08/reviewimpala-lip-liners-204212232233-bg_13.html), but after I finished it I decided to give a try to the identical color Satin Mauve from Essence’s regular line lip liners. 

Satin Mauve its the most popular shade out of the whole collection and it was out of stock for so long, but I finally found it and bought the last one left.  






Packaging its in the color of the lip liner which I found really practical. The product contains 0.035 oz/1gr.  Consistency its soft and provides nice and smooth application. Essence recently changed their lip liner’s formula – the old ones were having silver cap and the new are having matching cap. A lot of girls are complaining that the old formula was much better than the new, but to be honest I can’t see any difference. I owned Essence’s lip liner like 2 years ago and I liked it as much as I like this one’s. Even if I hadn’t read that the formula has changed I’ll probably won’t notice it. The lip liner has scent, which I personally don’t like, but I can’t feel it when applied.  Due its soft and buttery consistency the longevity of the lip liner it’s around 5 hours – I reapply it around 2-3 times pro day. 





The color it’s dark mauve with grayish-brown hint, but on my lips the grayish-brown doesn’t appear at all – the color of the lip liner matches the color of my lips (pure mauve.) That’s because of my warm skin with yellow undertone, but on women with pale skin/neutral/cold undertone this shade would appear much neutral and darker. 

Satin Mauve looks super natural on my lips. I used to wear it over lip balm itself – it gives some dimension to my lips and evens out their complexion but it doesn’t give them the lipstick’s fullness. 

Satin Mauve its nice lip liner, comfy to wear due its soft consistency, easy to pair with different nude lipsticks and it has good longevity.  I would repurchase it when I finished it, which would be in the next 2 to 3 months I guess – I have to sharpen it after every use, since it’s buttery and it melts on my lips. Keep in mind the fact, that I won’t consider this product as economical.

Do you own any Essence’s lip liners and what are your thoughts?


Like my facebook page: https://facebook.com/preslavasbeautydiary  or follow me on Instagram for more pictures: https://instagram.com/preslavasbeautydiary
 
Have a nice evening everyone



Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар