петък, 9 януари 2015 г.

Scented Review:Nina Ricci L'Elixir (EN)




Hello everyone

Today’s post is a bit different than usual and is the first one from the new rubric in this blog – called scented review. In this rubric Im going to review my favourite perfumes. And let’s get started with one of my all time favourites

As a person Im really picky about everything . I also have really sensitive sense of smell and the perfumes, which I like & wear, are just a few. I like & wear only perfumes that are oriental/fruity/musk based and only they develop the way I like on my skin. I dont like any aqua/citrus/chypre scents. In this case LElixir (known also as The Red Apple) is perfectly composed for my taste.

History:

LElixir is created by the famous perfumer Olivie Crespi for Nina Ricci and launched in 2010. The creator describes the perfume as memorable, really sexy & feminine, as personification of scented love poison – the bottle looks like an apple and associate with Adam, Eva & poison apple.




Description:

Top Notes: jasmine and red berry (most apple & raspberry)

Middle Notes:caipirihnia lime and white flowers

Base Notes: musk and cedar wood

Development on my skin:

On my skin at first this scent is really sweet, sharp and slightly sour, after that is become florally and  it ends up like powdery-musk scent. Although this perfume is described as citrusy on my skin the citrus note it doesn’t show at all, even after hours.

Packaging:

The perfume bottle is shaped like an apple. The glass is coloured in deep red and it blends into sheer beige. The cap is silver. This bottle looks like a piece of jewellery and I love it! Although the bottle is in irregular form it is safe – I have travelled a lot with this perfume and I never had any problems as opening by itself.

Storage:

This perfume is available in 30, 50 and 80ml. bottles.

Season appropriation:

L’Elixir is described as perfect for spring & summertime since is really fruity. Also the warm weather is really important for the good developing of this perfume. As I already mention, this perfume is one of my favourites and I wear it through the whole year but I have to admit that during the warmer months is more noticeable. L’Elixir is the perfume which I decided to wear on my prom (it was in May) and I remember that the scent developed great at the warm, but not hot/humidity weather.

Time appropriation:

The creator Olivie Cresp says that LElixir is appropriate for the daytime. I personally think that this perfume is also a good choice for night perfume during the spring & summer time.




Longevity:

The longevity on my skin is the only cons that I found in this perfumeafter 3-4 hours I cant feel it. Almost  everyone says that this perfume is super longlastic but obviously not on my skin. But I have found really similar perfume (my absolutely favourite) which stays the whole day & night but Im gonna show it next time.

So I hope you found this review helpful or interestingIf you haven’t smell L’Elixir I suggest you to give it a try -  O. Crespi says that this perfume is legendary – and I think he is right  ☺

Have a nice evening


1 коментар: